mitch & char

mitch & char

Tuesday, February 12

Time has come

For quite some time I wondered if the time would ever come that I would be "physically" normal again. (I know that I am far from normal mentally). And today's procedure removed the last foreign body from my body. 12 surgeries in 10 months. No more bags, tubes, drains, wraps, or stents. I feel like a hardware store that is out of business. My large zipper scar is a gentle reminder of His faithfulness and promise to "make all things new". And the 5" wide, 2 ' stripe of discoloration down my leg from the skin graft helps me remember that Christ suffered for me. Oh what a blessing to have these things. Yes, you read correctly...a blessing.
We have literally been all over the USA these past 3 months-met amazing new friends and picked up where we left off with the ol friends and family. And now the time has come! Monday we return to beloved africa. "God has a plan for each of us-it includes a future and expansion of territory".
Today we celebrate 13 years of marriage(I still marvel that she said yes) and I can not imagine a finer gift from The Lord than this woman.
As we look to return to swaziland and get moved across the border to South Africa, we are delighted to continue work with swazi people. I can't wait to hold some kiddos-and pick them up!! It has been too long.
What a mighty God. Count your blessings one by one! And remember that sometimes during your biggest "down". The Lord is preparing your greatest "up"
Thanks for all of your prayers and support these past 10 months. We press on to the goal!

Mitch

No comments: